Saturday, January 11, 2014

26 weeks (and growing!)

I can't believe how fast time flies by.  Before I was pregnant, I couldn't fathom the emotions I'd feel or what I would experience at the different milestones.  It's amazing!

I am 26 weeks and a day pregnant.  Six days from the third trimester (eeep!) and 97 days away from our baby's due date.  The final countdown.  :)

The weekend before Thanksgiving we had a Gender Reveal Party.  I could not wait to find out if Baby P was a 'he' or 'she', so we planned and hosted a little soiree for out closest peeps so that we could all find out together.  We had the envelope sitting on our dining room table for two weeks (they did a sonogram earlier than expected), and although people thought we were crazy, we didn't take a peak.  There is nothing better than an honest reaction, and plus, who am I to ruin the thrill of a surprise.  Lol.  And so we waited.
When the apartment was clean and the party finally started, we went through the motions of silly games, obligatory mingling and small talk, and then it was cake time!  I was nervous, but incredibly excited!  We cut into it... and then we saw it!  PINK!  Cue the happy tears of joy and gasps for breath. We are having a little baby girl!


 Life since then has been filled with happy!  I am truly enjoying planning a nursery, picking out everything for the registries, and just trying to prepare for what our lives are going to evolve into... change, awesome change for the better!
And I am loving her already.  I am amazed every time I feel her move, I smile.  G has even been able to feel her.  Last night we both fell asleep in the living room and didn't move to bed until about 2am.  Well it was also storming, and I had grabbed a quick snack of a chocolate covered cookie, and then I laid down to sleep.  And then she decided that it was time to tap dance.  I swear she must've kicked at least 100 times before eventually drifted off.  She had never been that active before, so that was awesome!

This morning we woke up to more storm, and more kicking, and G got to feel her.  One of the best way to spend a Saturday morning is watching the trees in a winter storm, and laying next to my hubby while our baby kicks her "good morning".  I think we are going to have a very active little one.  :)


100 days until our baby girl is due!  (Taken 1.8.2014)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment