Thursday, March 27, 2014

A pregnant librarian walks into a bar...

Today I feel like I dressed a little ::too:: much like a librarian.  The only thing that I need to really complete the look is my cat eye glasses, and my hair in a bun.  But alas, none of those things happened, so I suppose I'm safe.  :)  I've enjoyed dressing the bump here lately.  It's not far off from my regular style, which is fabo, and since it's chillier out also, I get to revel in the cardigans, layers, scarves, and hats.











Tomorrow we will be entering the 37th week of pregnancy!  Woo!  I can hardly believe it.  There is still so much to do, but at this point, my focus is to get the apartment clean.  We will inevitably have visitors within the next month or so, and a clean place to come home to and "entertain" will be much appreciated!  So that's the goal.  And with very little to do this weekend, it almost seems feasible.  Penny's room will come along when it is time.  And all of her little things will be sorted and put away the way nature intended.  And life will be good.

Life is good right now actually.

She is still incredibly active!  Yesterday was the most active she has been in awhile, and at one point, I had G feeling my belly and "whoa-ing" at how much she was rolling around/pushing her elbows against my belly/practicing yoga in there.  I love it.  She is crazy (in a most endearing sense), and I am already falling in love with her personality!  Whenever we get to see her via sonogram, all of the nurses comment about how active she is, and I love seeing all of the faces she makes.  She was sticking her tongue out at our last appointment, and before that, she was pursing her lips and smiling.  And she has the hiccups almost daily.  Everything about it has been amazing!

(sticking her tongue out)
(smiling for the camera)











Doctors are talking about inducing at 38.5 to 39 weeks, which would put us in the April 4th to April 11th range.  Which means that we could meet Miss Penny as early as next Friday.  Eeeep!  Gary and I have really been talking about it and have come to the conclusion that it just needs to be us at the hospital and that when we are ready to take visitors, we will call everyone at that point.  Everything I've heard stresses the importance of baby bonding time right after birth and I (personally) don't want the stress of worrying about people out in the waiting room.  Just my personal belief.  It will be such an overwhelming experience, and I really want to be able to focus on our little family.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment